A high specification, free draining, manufactured Sandy loam screened to 10mm. Perfect for general landscaping applications such as seeding, turfing, planting trees, shrubs, amenity grasses and landscape construction.
Ideally suited to high profile landscaping applications where quality, and consistency are of the utmost importance.
This material is manufactured from single source soils, sands and PAS100 certified compost and blended together to create a consistent, free flowing, easy to use topsoil with good reserves of organic matter and essential plant nutrients, a low stone content and excellent drainage capabilities.
- Suitable for a wide variety of landscape applications
- Independently tested by leading soil scientists
- Fully compliant to and exceeding industry standards
- Guaranteed chemically clean
- High sand content
- Free draining / saturated hydraulic conductivity @ 92mm per hour
- Low settlement values
- Available in bulk bags and mini bags
- 8/10mm Screened
- Good base material for many horticultural blends
- Peat Free
- Landscape construction
- Beds & Borders
- Raised Beds
- Strata cells
The combination of excellent horticultural properties and a guaranteed “clean” chemical analysis make Premium General Purpose Topsoil a product that is perfectly suited to both the domestic and professional markets:
- Domestic customers will enjoy a good all round multi purpose topsoil that is easy to use in general landscaping projects such as planting and turfing.
- Landscape professionals will benefit from this multi purposes topsoil’s consistent and assured chemical and horticultural analysis and consistent year round availability.
This product is certified to the British Standard BS3882 and tested for many additional parameters including its drainage capabilities, sand fractions and a wider variety of potential contaminants.
Because this product is manufactured from single sourced quarried materials blended with certified organic composts we can be completely confident in offering a fully traceable topsoil that exceeds current guidelines on potential contaminants set out by the British Standard, Human Health Risk Assessment and the Assessment of Land Affected by Contamination policy document.
Premium General Purpose Topsoil forms the basis of many of our blended topsoil’s and growing media range such as the Premium Vegetable Topsoil, John Innes and Premium Planting Loam.
|Landscape Application Comparison Chart
||Well stocked in all major plant nutrients and free draining.
||Ideal for specification driven projects where consistency of planting media is essential.
|Growing Home Produce
||Well stocked in all major plant nutrients and free draining. Also tested against industry standards for residential, home produce end of use.
||Sandy, easy to apply, low settlement values.
||Well suited to general seeding applications -- Especially those with a preference for alkaline soils or wide pH tolerance.
|Landscape Construction & Raising Levels
||High sand content, easy to use, tested drainage performance.
Compliance to current specifications and guidelines
- BS3882:2015 Multi Purpose Grade
- Residential with Home grown Produce
- Residential without home grown produce
- Public Open space – Residential (POSresi)
Additional Soil Assessment Criteria
As well as the standard testing required for BS3882:2015/subsoils BS8601:2013 we also test to determine the levels of potential contaminants in relation to the topsoil end use. We have tested our soil against the residential end use listed Sustainable for Use Levels (S4UL’s) in the Land Quality Management / Chartered Institute for Environmental Health Human Health Risk Assessment 2015. We also take guidance of contaminants Suggested Guideline Values from:
- DEFRA sp1010 Cat 4 2014
- Dutch Action Value (DAV)
- BRE Special Digest 1:205 (BRE)
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
Of the potential contaminates identified using the above guidance none of the results exceeded the guideline values. If there is site specific criteria we recommend independent testing and are happy to separately stockpile individual orders for separate testing to ensure consistency with site specific criteria.
Please Note: This product was formerly known as 'Premium 8mm Super Fine BS3882 Topsoil'